Sunday, November 29, 2009

Arrived...as a co-pilot!!!

Took off from Ottawa this morning on the RCMP plane and to my surprise I was the co-pilot...someone obviously knew about my love of speed. The pilot, smart man that he was, didn't let me drive the plane, although I found out that pilots don't really "drive" or "fly" the plane other than for a total of about 20 minutes at take off and landing...it's all about the math. Huh.

Terry picked me up with the other RCMP member Mike, around 4PM this afternoon (EST) and off we went to 800A Sanikiluaq (that's our house). Who knew that my house up North was going to be GORGEOUS. I will get pictures up soon I promise, but tonight is all about relaxing and enjoying being together again.

Hope had a safe flight as well, although in the beginning while we were packing up (couldn't bring all the food as there wasn't enough room) she constantly tried to convince us that being crated was very much "beneath" her. :) Too bad, it's one thing she had to suck up.

We did a walk around the town tonight - everyone here is a big fan of ATVs and no one seems to walk, although Mike did say that he has started a "walking club" every evening and Terry, Hope and I plan on joining.

Next post tomorrow with some pictures and way more details - it's snowing here, feels a lot like XMAS!

xo

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you guys are safe and sound. Glad to hear it went well cant wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Nanook.

    Mom & Dad
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. so where's the pic of you with this gun!!!! gotta see it!
    how was Hope after the plane ride? she ok? how long was the plane ride?

    Love to your three!!!
    Lisa
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were right...the children are really beautiful and full of smiles. By the way,that`s a pretty impressive snowmobile you are hanging onto...thank goodness there are no trees to run into;-)

    Mom
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete