Tuesday, December 29, 2009

One Month And Counting!

Another cold day here in Sanikiluaq - although I have been laughed at by some of the regulars out here (ahem, Johnny) saying that it's gonna get wayyyyy worse. Well for those of us who have to walk the dog, this is pretty darn cold. What made me smile was that it was the exact same temperature in Ottawa yesterday and today (including windchill); sorry folks back home, I know it is mean of me to find a bit of glee in that simple fact, but there you have it - I am more vindictive than I thought!!! :)

Unfortunately today I am still sick - time for the buckleys I think? I cringe just mentioning the name. I did bring a stash up with me though and suspect that I will have to cave. Seriously, shouldn't all virus' be dead in this kind of weather??? Apparently I am just one of the locals now, fit right in as half the town is sick. Blah. What did make my day though was several packages I received in the mail.

Nat sent me a couple of lovely packages, including a book by the name of "Have a Little Faith" - yes Nat, cheese, but I am really enjoying it. Beautifully written and simple in it's observations. It was one of the books from my former book club...although I had a brutal attendance record I do like reading from their suggestions - they are my own Oprah club! I have to give a shout out to Nat and her husband to be Eric. The best and most exciting news I received throughout the holidays is that Eric popped the big question and they are planning on getting married in 2010. Way to go guys! XO.

I also got a bunch of really nice and funny Christmas cards! A little shout out also has to go out to my little niece who made me a lovely snowman ornament for the tree. I will take a picture of it Kayla and send it your way! Terry and I also got a fun gift from his sister Nevie. Thanks Nevie but as you guessed, the dried meat never made it to the freezer before he DOVE into the bag to eat some. You will have to teach me how to make that - never seen him smile so big, and that's saying something for Terry.

Today the winter games continue, but I suspect the might be indoors. There is a local radio station in town where they announce the games and locations but unfortunately it is all in Inuktitut, so I don't understand it! I would like to head out to some of the games, so maybe I will just have to stand on the side of the road and flag someone down to get the information!!!

For those of you who are still on holidays hope you enjoyed your day and are looking forward to NYE!

Talk soon,

DJ
xo

1 comment:

  1. awwwww! thanks for the shoutout!

    enjoy the buckleys!!
    n xo

    ReplyDelete