Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Whole New Respect

I officially have a whole new respect for teachers, teacher assistants, staff and all the rest who work with kids for their entire day. I always assumed that when working with adults I ran into a lot of immature people, BUT in reality immature adults are way easier to deal with than immature teenagers. It's a whole new ball game folks!

I taught for the first time all day today. Don't laugh but I started out with math classes all morning - brilliant-, my math skills have always been less than stellar. We managed to make our way through those, without too many hic-ups (I think). This afternoon was mostly English and a fun classed called Enterprise - all business and management stuff (now we were talking). School day starts at 8:30 and ends at 3:30 for the kids and a bit later for me. All in all, as Mom would say, I didn't lose nary a kid, and I think they may have actually learned something. Teachers and teaching staff really are amazing. I haven't even had to deal with parents yet. :) My favorite question received from a student today: "So how many kids do you have?"!!! It was just assumed because I am passed the ripe old age of 20 that I must have kids. Shocked 'em when I said ZERO and it's going to stay that way for a while. I think they thought I had lost all my marbles.

After school was Hip Hop. My coaches are getting ready for their live performance coming up after Christmas. Tonight it was just them practicing their 'smooth' moves and getting into the 'groove'. I think they are going to do great. Have included a picture to the left of some of the kids who want to take part in the upcoming program. They joined us to check out what it was going to look like and I think they were pretty happy with the results if the smiles on their faces where any indication. We were playing my version of 'learn a hip hop move and race your buddies'...it was a success!

On a side note, I made my sister in law's (Chantale) bread, 'country something' and it was delicious. Much better than my first attempt, this one we are gobbling up!!! :) Tonight Terry treated me to Sanikiluaq's version of "take out" pizza. It wasn't bad for frozen, but that is definitely on my list of cravings...Russell's Milano's pizza. Yum. Along with many other cravings...like various forms of alcoholic beverages, preferably Vino Norris.

9 days until Santa comes to visit!

DJ
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment