Friday, December 11, 2009

Sunshine....on a cloudy day

I have sunshine in my eyes right now as I write this. Beautiful day today in Sanikiluaq. Temperature is hovering around -10 with a bit of a windchill, but all in all just lovely.

Hope and I took advantage and spent most of the day walking around checking things out. I did work up my courage to head over to the COOP. I am not intimidated by much but here is my problem with the COOP: there are a lot of grouchy-looking men smoking and hanging around outside the COOP doors...my fear of course is not for myself, but rather my tasty looking dog.

BACKGROUND: The problem is that it hasn't been cold enough and the ice has not formed over the ocean, therefore hunting is only a wishful thought and not yet a reality. SO all this to say that when I go to the COOP and leave Hope out there on her own with the men, I really do fear that they are going to take off with her and have a "Hope roast"... no worries though, I came back out and being the dog she is, she was everyone's best friend, getting pets and laughs out of all of them.

This afternoon and evening are going to be busy, for me mostly, and hopefully quiet for Terry. I have my regular Hip Hop crew ready to whip me into shape and then the school is having a movie night and I have been asked to supervise the little munchkins. This starts at 6 and I dearly hope it is not as long as the auctions around here. :) Should be fun and I hope it's a movie I haven't seen. Right now the thought of a movie isn't that exciting, but I expect, when it has been a few months since I have seen anything new I will be THRILLED to supervise movie nights. You will probably catch me pushing all those front-row little munchkins out of the way for a good seat: MOVE kids (I gotta learn that in Inuktitut)!

Also, it's ladies night tonight a the Northern store. I was speaking with Manager Marc as I was cashing in some cheques and he said it was bound to get "weird" later and I should come back and check it out. Terrible sales pitch, but somehow it worked and now I want to go and see what it's all about. It could just be a weird night all around.

For all of you who have xmas parties tonight, party safe BUT please have a drink for me. I will be such an easy drunk when I get back (sorry Mom, I know this is bad to write, but it's the honest to goodness truth).

Happy Friday!!!!

DJ
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment