Monday, December 14, 2009

So ya, Mother Nature is a bit pissy...

I warned you that the blog was going to turn weather-related and it seems that this will be a reality. The blizzard started on Saturday and has yet to stop. Last night Terry, Hope and I braved the weather to head out for a walk (I will be sure to take a picture tonight of our get-up) and went out for about a half hour. The winds were so strong it felt like it was lifting me up and shuffling me along. Frankly I am surprised the dog was able to keep all four paws safely on the ground, must be that fabulous coat I bought her (pictures to come I promise).

Yesterday was a good day for a 24 marathon (24 the show) and so that is precisely what we did. We finished season 1 and I am NOT impressed with the ending...of course I was bawling and Terry was laughing. So ridiculous. We had not TV reception all day yesterday but thankfully the wind is blowing from the East today so it doesn't affect the satellite.

Today was exciting as well as I was supposed to teach this afternoon. Not sure what grade, I was just told "high school". Ok, I can go with that right? Anyway all that got blown away, literally as the storm has once again picked up and we are all housebound. Except for our courageous boys in blue who have to head around town checking out the best haunts for coffee stops. :)

I am starting my third week here and feel like I am just getting settled in. Everyday I meet new people and Hope continues to be the little golden star she is, loving up all the kids and adults alike.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and wishing you all a safe and happy last week before the holidays!

DJ
xo

2 comments:

  1. Bummer about classes being cancelled... what would you have taught? Parcel one is on its way. Parcel two, well, I went to the post office and the line-up was CRAZY. Going to try again tmo...

    Miss you xoxo
    n

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue house - looks like the Maritimes without trees. I have an old JVC vhs - works fine - if you can use it in the school, let me know. Old teachers never die!Great pictures. Big C

    ReplyDelete