Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saturday fun...

I should first start off by saying that the series of 24 is the BEST. The fam has been dishing the details on the series and gushing about it's amazing content and "grab you" factor - who knew? They were right! So last night, our first Friday together we snuggled on the couch, with our little xmas tree alight and watched 3 hours of the first season of 24. The weather outside was indeed frightful... :)

Today we hit the "wilderness"...via snowmobiles. The last time I was ever on a snowmobile was when I was a wee baby teenager, and I don't think that even counted, as I doubt I even drove it anywhere. Off we went on our little buggies and explored this rugged territory with the intent of snapping some amazing pictures of the scary Sani bears (polar bears)...but alas, they were sneaky little devils and we did not see a-one...frankly we saw nothing but white snow and sky, ocean here and there and a whole lot of lava rock. It was stunning. I do have some pics and will post.

Terry has a cousin up in Sani this weekend, he works on northern electrical contracts and was here to install a generator at the hospital. After dinner we poped over next door to Mike's house to watch Boston kick Toronto's ass...was a great game especially 'cause they are allllllll leaf fans. It was really nice tonight, I met another couple who are teaching here. Lindsay and Joe...more east coasters of course (I am picking up an entire new dialect). It was nice to be able to have a bit of "girl" talk with Lindsay. Tomorrow we are all heading over to the school to play some badminton - be warned I will be whining about how sore I am following this blog. :)

Happy Saturday night!

xo

for those of you who are not yet on Skype - get on so we can talk on you, I need to see your faces!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment