Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wind wind go away - don't come back another day!

So we have been lucky, at least since I have arrived. The wind has been relatively calm and I was starting to think that the locals were big whiners...I am wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. This wind would not only dry the clothes on the clothes line, it would send them straight down to the Panama Canal! It is some serious wind coming mostly from the North. Gusts were about 80 Km/hr most of the day, it was pretty intense.

Hope and I braved the weather this morning for about 9.42 seconds, and then promptly hid inside of the house until the afternoon, when all of a sudden the eye of the storm was upon us and all was quiet and peaceful.

Hope wore her jacket for the first time today, it was ridiculous really, but biased as I am, it was pretty cute. She didn't particularly like it and proceeded to grab the side of the jacket and walk herself...she sure showed me.

Afternoon was quiet, we wrote xmas cards and read (I am reading Breaking Dawn, the 4th novel in the Twilight series, and while I really like the series I am not finding the time to get through this novel).

It was walk night tonight. We didn't have as many people as last time, but more adults tonight, so a good balance. Probably still about 40 people and some of the important leaders in the community joined which was very nice of them considering it was so brutal out (wind came back up about 5 and hasn't stopped).

Seeing all these kids and knowing how easy it is for them to get lost in the snow and how many of the parents are not concerned about the whereabouts of their children my heart goes out to the little boy and his parents who passed away in Cape Breton.

I wish you all a warm and safe night, more tomorrow.

DJ
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment