Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WORD!!! (that's hip hop lingo)

I got "jiggy with it" tonight...learned a few hip hop moves and had a great time for a couple of hours with about 30 12 year olds. Only one of my coaches came out tonight and while the actual classes haven't started, there seems to be an awful lot of willing participants and something had to be done with them! Winnie, one of my girl coaches, took charge and she did a great job. She first shows up with a traditional Inuit coat called 'amautik' and her baby Jack tucked inside, pulls him out and gets all the kids in order. I believe Winnie must be somewhere around 17 years old.

We played a bunch of games and got the kids moving - that is the point of the program. There are no physical education programs here as the children aren't very fond of them, so this was a good way to expand their energy. Frankly though I am surprised that they could keep up considering during break they all went and smoked! :) Working on that...

Spent the morning on the computer (after our walk of course) and then made muffins. Terry is in charge of dinner tonight and we are having caribou stew. The meat comes from Baffin island and Terry believe it will taste different than Labrador caribou - I will let you know! It is smelling REALLY good in here anyway!

We are about to get all stretched out with Pilates on the Wii, something we got into since I arrived and it really works that core! All in the name of our trip south in March.

For those of you who have had to shovel out due to the storm, stay warm and safe. I asked Mother Nature to send "some" snow your way - I guess she mis-understood!!!!

DJ
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment